Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
I purchased a used 2017 Elantra SE back in August. It's ran fine up until around a week or so ago. It randomly started idling rough and would give a CEL when I accelerated. The code was P0301. I just replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the problem went away for a day. It returned this afternoon with the same code. I swapped the first two ignition coils and now it's giving P0302, so I know its the coil. My question is, what brand is best for the Elantra? I've read that the ones that come with it are crap (and have also read that they're Denso brand), so I just wanted others opinions on which brand would be best or if it even matters.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone,,
I purchased a used 2017 Elantra SE back in August. It's ran fine up until around a week or so ago. It randomly started idling rough and would give a CEL when I accelerated. The code was P0301. I just replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the problem went away for a day. It returned mobdro.bio/ Lucky Patcher Kodi this afternoon with the same code. I swapped the first two ignition coils and now it's giving P0302, so I know its the coil. My question is, what brand is best for the Elantra? I've read that the ones that come with it are crap (and have also read that they're Denso brand), so I just wanted others opinions on which brand would be best or if it even matters.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
My issue has been solved,.....
Thanks....

·
Registered
1 Posts
__
My issue has been solved,.....
Thanks....
Having similar problem on my 60k 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE. Got p301, then replaced spark plugs, and switched ignition coils with 1-4 only, now got p303 as well as p301. I didn't know that we need to replace spark plugs every 10k. I just replaced for the first time, unless service done it before.

Can you please tell me, how did you resolve the issue? I am planning to replace the ignition coils? What do you recommend?

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts