Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,
I purchased a used 2017 Elantra SE back in August. It's ran fine up until around a week or so ago. It randomly started idling rough and would give a CEL when I accelerated. The code was P0301. I just replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the problem went away for a day. It returned this afternoon with the same code. I swapped the first two ignition coils and now it's giving P0302, so I know its the coil. My question is, what brand is best for the Elantra? I've read that the ones that come with it are crap (and have also read that they're Denso brand), so I just wanted others opinions on which brand would be best or if it even matters.

Thanks,....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone,,
I purchased a used 2017 Elantra SE back in August. It's ran fine up until around a week or so ago. It randomly started idling rough and would give a CEL when I accelerated. The code was P0301. I just replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the problem went away for a day. It returned this afternoon with the same code. I swapped the first two ignition ShowBox Mobdro VidMate coils and now it's giving P0302, so I know its the coil. My question is, what brand is best for the Elantra? I've read that the ones that come with it are crap (and have also read that they're Denso brand), so I just wanted others opinions on which brand would be best or if it even matters.

Thanks,....
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My issue has been solved,.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, did you figure out which coils are best for Elantra? I have a 2012 that needs the coils replaced (as well as spark plugs) and I'm wondering which ones I should get. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,,
I purchased a used 2017 Elantra SE back in August. It's ran fine up until around a week or so ago. It randomly started idling rough and would give a CEL when I accelerated. The code was P0301. I just replaced the spark plugs with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the problem went away for a day. It returned this afternoon with the same code. I swapped the first two ignition coils and now it's giving P0302, so I know its the coil. My question is, what brand is best for the Elantra? I've read that the ones that come with it are crap (and have also read that they're Denso brand), so I just wanted others opinions on which brand would be best or if it even matters.

Thanks,....
Thanks for your post. I also have a 2017 Elantra and have been experiencing the very same problem....also having a P0301 fault code. As you did, I switched the two coils today, so I will need to wait and see what happenso_O

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI Only - NGK now has a specific spark plug for the 2.0u Atkinson and they also have coils.. I would suggest to use both if your having any misfire issues..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your post. I also have a 2017 Elantra and have been experiencing the very same problem....also having a P0301 fault code. As you did, I switched the two coils today, so I will need to wait and see what happens
Hello everyone,,

Thanks,....
Hello everyone,,

Thanks,....
Update: Thanks again for sharing your post. After switching the two coils as you did, I discovered that the #1 coil was bad, so I replaced it with a new Autozone Duralast brand, and all is well(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts