Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with not being able to see at night if it's raining, in town driving (so you can't use your brights), with oncoming traffic or no street lights around? I just bought a new Elantra, it does not have the additional "fog lights", just the normal headlights. I normally drive with just the daytime running lights, even at night, but in this particular situation, even with the regular headlights on, it was very difficult to see.:frown:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The "fog lights" in every car I've owned or driven added almost nothing to the driving path illumination.:frown: They're usually good for 20' or so.

It could be an issue with your night vision or if you wear specs, the 'scrip.

Most cars have fairly poor headlights. I think Consumer Reports has rankings.

The only car I've driven in living memory that lit up the night was my 2007 KIA Spectra. Its stock headlights were OSSUM! :smile:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stock headlights are weak. This is why headlight upgrades are popular and relatively easy. Foglights are designed for illuminating sides (curbs, lines, snow banks etc) and short distances, they to aid let you know where in the road the car is, not to shine bright down the road. We shouldn't be driving at higher speeds (60mph) in fog.
Couple options are having a mechanic adjust the headlights up a little bit or upgrade your bulbs to HID or LED.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts