Elantra Forum banner

2017 Elantra ECO

12K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
Hello Elantra fans;
I just bought a 2017 ECO for my wife, the only one my dealer had and was slated to become the service loaner to customers. I bought it because of the positive reviews from test drivers on Youtube. The 7- speed DCT acts different that a conventional automatic, but just needs to be accustomed to the way it shifts. So far, so good; my wife and I both like it and managed to get over 50 MPG on a 350 mile road trip, mostly Interstate.

Would love to hear from any of you that has bought this version.

VB

#2 ·
I also have a 2017 Elantra Eco. I'm driving around 20 miles each way to and from work, and my avg is around 40mpg..
Considering the car I traded in, was only getting 28-30mpg.

As you stated, the DCT is a different feel. But, I'm also getting used to it. Its much better, if on long drives, but city driving, it does feel like it slips a bit.

Love the dual zone control, the heated seats are nice too.. And they get hot QUICK! The blind side warning system is very cool.
Rear backup camera is cool as well. Love the steering lines.

And, like you, I had to drive 70+ miles to pick mine up. Not one of my local dealers had a Eco. Then, the day I've contacted the dealership I bought mine at, a local dealer had 2 come in. A white one, and a Silver one. However, the price was almost $1000 more than the one I purchased.

Attachments

#3 ·
I've driven the one Eco within 100 miles. Finding those is a lot like finding a Forte5 SX.

And I've driven the Value Edition. They're both nice cars. I'm wondering if Eco will deliver on the MPG promise.
If ECO and VE end up showing similar MPG results, I think I'd go with the VE for its added toys.

Those and Optima EX with dual zone, heated seats, etc. are the three cars I've liked best of all those I've driven.

#6 ·
Here's a update. I've now got 3000 miles on my Eco, and doing all the city driving I do, I'm still getting 37+ MPG. Thats 18 miles of driving, mostly city streets, and a bit of 55mph highway.
Just got the oil changed. Not a single problem from the car.
Only issue I have, and its not the fault of Hyundai, is I've got a small chip in my front window from a rock.
The bad part, its right dead center of my view. Guess I'm lucky its didn't chip, then start cracking.
Its very annoying.
Wonder what the cost of replacement is.

#8 ·
Hey All,

Sorry to hijack your thread but it's active and relevant. I have a 2017 Elantra Limited and I recently noticed this alert on "myhyundai":

Your new Vehicle Software Update is now available for vehicle with VIN number ending in xxxxxx (ST.LF.USA.E506.160316: Dec 14 2017 10:00AM)

I can't seem to find any information on how to update this? I assume its by putting the update on a USB drive but the hyundai website no longer has any download section like some of the demonstrative books show.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.