Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2017 Elantra. It had 27 miles on it when i bought it, but it was considered used, as they said it was a executive car, whatever that meant, but nontheless it was a new car with 27 miles on it. I had drivin it about 400 miles when as i was driving the engine light came on a long with the power steering failure light the screen started flickering in and out and the lights started flickering, the car then turned itself off and completely died right there in the middle of heavy traffic and would not start back up. the headlights wouldnt stay on either and would just flicker ever 20 seconds or so. Im assuming this is a rare issue, but would like to know has anyone else had anything like this happen? Also any ideas on what the issue could be..the alternator, the battery? or something else? hyundai hasnt looked at it yet as the service center is closed on sunday. Also what do you think i should do? I mean it was a dangerous situation i was put in when that car died as I literally almost got hit by multiple cars when it stalled out, also it died in the middle of a 50mph heavy traffic road at the bottom of a ramp meaning the car sat there for an hour with cars barely missing it as i couldnt put the hazards on. I also lost out on two days of work cause im an uber driver between saturday night and sunday and it being a special event in miami i lost out on about $1000. What do you think hyundai can do about compensating me for this issue? Should i ask for anything specifically? Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you record the event on your phone? Any codes popping up on the dash? Cars these days have computers that store the codes (I'm assuming the check engine light disappeared when the car started up again?) which the service dept at the dealer should be able to pull up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts