Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Hyundai Elantra SE 1.8L Automatic Trans 113,000 miles
Car has started stalling when coming to a stop or slowing down. If I shift into nuetral and keep the engine reved it doesn't die. It also sometimes doesn't want to start, takes like 3 tries. first time it just cranks, second time starts, idles rough and dies, third try usually starts up and runs. No check engine light or codes. Took it to the dealership and they don't know. Been around to several local mechanics and they don't know.

We've changed crank shaft position sensor, oil pressure switch, map sensor, pcv valve, fuel pump, spark plugs, timing cover/oil pump, and cleaned the throttle body. We use Hyundai oil filters and recommended oil.

The car is still not fixed, any help?

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
When you say you've taken it to a dealership and local mechanics and they don't know does thi smean they listened to your story and said it or they have tried to diagnose the problem and cannot find the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say you've taken it to a dealership and local mechanics and they don't know does thi smean they listened to your story and said it or they have tried to diagnose the problem and cannot find the problem?
The dealership worked on it for 2 hours, could replicate my issues but found no solutions to fixing the problem.

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
Wow. That is wierd! I'm guessing at this point it is probably on your dime because warranty ran out? If not, I would see about contacting Hyundai N.A. to see if they could be of any help.

The only thing I can think of is going to be fuel related. Next time it happens try turning the key on/off four of five times before trying to start it to see if you can hear the fuel pump. Could be heat is causing it to fail and when you let off the throttle it stops picking up fuel and the line gets full of air.
Maybe by turning the key and forcing it to prime it will start right away and possibly give you somehting else to look in to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts