Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Hyundai Elantra sedan. I have had this problem a few times. After a hard acceleration, the check engine light will come on. After easing off the gas, the light will go out, but come on again once the gas is applied. The engine has lost some of its power and idles rough at a light, almost like it wants to cut out. If I pull over and turn the car off, after a restart no issues. The check engine light is off and the car runs like there was never a problem. Is this a computer issue that just resets itself once the car is turned off? Doesn't seem like a physical engine issue since the car will run fine until the next time I hit a hard acceleration. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 hyundai elantra se and mine was doing the same thing ..i noticed one of my coil packs was causing the sputtering and car idling when in parked and when at times it would feel like it wanted to cut off when I was stopped at a light or stop sign...i zip tied my coil # 2 and the wire connector to the coil pack and the second I let go or took off the zip tie it started again so I replaced all my coils and runs great again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts