Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Elantra GT continues to be your typical entry-level hatch in the U.S. and Canada, it's European version, the i30, will be getting a performance boost.

There hasn't been any official information on what exactly it will get to boost it's performance BUT Hyundai could be trying to compete with cars like the VW GTI. Stay tuned for details!

more info here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/hyundai/2014-hyundai-rs-i30-ar136675.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
200 HP in the 5-door Elantra GT is a nice amount of power for it to have. If hatch's were more popular here I bet we would also get this model.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It doesnt surprise me that Hyundai wants a piece of this segment too. 200hp is a nice amount for sure. I would love to see a 0-60 review video. These hto hatches are getting pretty popular on the market. Its about time Hyundai introduces something with a little more power.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It doesnt surprise me that Hyundai wants a piece of this segment too. 200hp is a nice amount for sure. I would love to see a 0-60 review video. These hto hatches are getting pretty popular on the market. Its about time Hyundai introduces something with a little more power.
europeans love their hatches and love performance focused hatches that are priced low. i think it's only a matter of time till we see a full review including a 0-60 go live. can't wait!

im curious what hyundai is doing for suspension and brakes with all that extra power.

·
Registered
51 Posts
a stock elantra gt hatch does a 1/4 mile of 9.7 with a 6-speed automatic transmission and 148hp engine.

with a 200hp engine, and assuming they add better tires, aero kit, and other small performance bits... mid 7's to low 8 is what im guessing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a stock elantra gt hatch does a 1/4 mile of 9.7 with a 6-speed automatic transmission and 148hp engine.

with a 200hp engine, and assuming they add better tires, aero kit, and other small performance bits... mid 7's to low 8 is what im guessing.
A stock Elantra will not do a 1/4 mile in that time, are you crazy? The dodge demon does it in like 11s. There is no way you're getting close to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts