Elantra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there. I need help/ Does anyone know if there is an in line fuse just for the drivers power window. I've checked fuses and relay. All are good. I've replaced the power switch and it worked for 2 days and quit. There is no power getting to the motor. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought too. I've replaced the motor and door switch. The other 3 windows work fine. I rechecked all fuses. There good. I would like to know where the relay is? The B1 is a fuse and it's good also. Any more thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I've seen this but it only shows the fuses that are under the dash. It doesn't show a relay. I called Hyundai dealer and thy don't know either. I've got a message into Alldata and hopefully they can tell me something. I'm beginning to doubt the car has this relay. Thanks for trying.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0L 6MT
44 Posts
No prob I got this from my shop’s database. I can dig in again and see if I find relay info

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0L 6MT
44 Posts
I just reviewed the schematic and item 14 is what I will look at tomorrow. I think the BRN wire might be my problem if I can't find the relay. I just don't want to take the front under the drivers seat for nothing. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I find the relay.
hope it helps find the issue 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Pokky. I never found the relay. I put another new power switch on and now it's doing the same thing. Drivers window won't operate. This is the 3rd switch. Does anyone out there know what it might be? Please help me if you can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unless somehow you're getting a voltage spike that is killinf switches it really doesn't make sense.
Maybe try unplugging the switchf or a bit then back in. I don't think they have anything in them to reset but 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless somehow you're getting a voltage spike that is killinf switches it really doesn't make sense.
Maybe try unplugging the switchf or a bit then back in. I don't think they have anything in them to reset but 🤷‍♀️
You're right. I've left it unplugged for a day and it still doesn't work. Unplugged battery and reset everything. I'm at wits end.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're right. I've left it unplugged for a day and it still doesn't work. Unplugged battery and reset everything. I'm at wits end.
That stinks. And of course trying to watch for voltage spikes would be alost impossible, you;d have to watch the meter every time you pressed the button. I guess reallt the hard part would be hooking up the meter and getting the door back together so you could still use everything and still see the meter.

Wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That stinks. And of course trying to watch for voltage spikes would be alost impossible, you;d have to watch the meter every time you pressed the button. I guess reallt the hard part would be hooking up the meter and getting the door back together so you could still use everything and still see the meter.

Wish I could be more help.
Thanks for trying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts