Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have searched high and low for this, and every answer I come across is just a little bit different.

I have no accessory power at all. None of the following work: radio, clock, cabin lights (on door setting with door open) power locks, trunk release, and instrument memory (trip meter, etc. reset on power off)

After turning the car off, the windows work for a second or two, but will not operate until the door is opened like normal.

I feel like accessory power just isn't getting turned on because I have checked all of the fuses and they are fine. Is there a relay for the whole slough of accessories or is there a switch that I may be missing? I saw one video of a part on the end of the ignition switch being lose, but I pulled of the steering column hood and that is on tightly.

It used to be intermittent and happen maybe once or twice a year, but the next time that I turned the car on, it would be working and I would forget about it which makes me thing relay or switch. Now it happened a couple times last week and refuses to turn on again.

Anyone have any ideas where I might start looking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replugged all of the connection on the smart box again and then I replugged the couple connections around the ignition switch and it all started working. I haven't the foggiest...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts