Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, has anyone else had any a/c cooling problems with their 2014 Elantra? I have a Elantra SE with 30k miles on it now. A few months ago it started blowing warm air and not cooling. I took it to the dealership where I bought it. They recharged it (freon WAS low), but they said they couldn't find a leak. They put dye in it also and told me to drive it and if it happens again bring it back. I did that two more times (and this service dept's attitude was terrible and I finally got a loaner car after the third visit).

It's been about 4 or so weeks and last Thursday it started warming up again. I took it to another Hyundai dealership yesterday very close to where I live. The service advisor told me the freon was low and they recharged and put dye in it, but could not find a leak. The other dealership did not put service reports in the system for the car (just the recall of the sunglasses holder).The dye they had supposedly put in there wasn't seen, but I guess could've been cause it had been 4 or so weeks.

I told this guy that the passenger side felt cooler than the driver side, but still not super cold on max. He said that's because the evaporation system is on that side. I didn't know that, but it makes sense.

He told me to drive it and as soon as it starts getting warm again, call him, and he will get it in asap.

I am so worried that I bought a stupid lemon, but this is the only problem I've had so I'm hoping its just a pesky problem and not a lemon. I don't see how they can't find the leak.....but I'm not a mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Elantra GT with a chronic A/C problem. When the ambient temp is above 88 def F, the A/C blows warm when I stop for a light. This is most notable when the temp is 95ish.
Hyundai attempted to fix 6 times. No success. I confirmed the prob by placing a digital thermometer in the Vent. When I stop for a light, it can go up as much as 14-18 deg in less than 2 minutes.....

I was wondering if this happens in the 2016 GT?????

Thx,
Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts