Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 2013 Elantra in Dec 2019, and soon after I started getting an issue with the left turn signal. When turning on the left turn signal, the dashboard "green arrow" flashes about double the
speed of normal, but several videos on the subject on youtube suggested either the front or rear bulbs had failed, but both flash at the same doublespeed, though the front lamp seems to be dimmer than the right front/rear. The right turnsignal works normally. The moment you turn on the headlights, the left dash "green arrow" comes on steady, and the left turnsignal no longer works, making this a serious safety issue if I need to drive at night. I tried removing/reinstalling the left front lamp housing, disconnecting the cabling to the housing and reconnecting it. No change.
Then, suddenly the problem went away and stayed away for nearly two years, until returning today. Same issue as last time. Since nothing I did the first time immediately fixed the problem, rather the problem just seemed to go away on its own, I have NO idea how to fix this, nor what is causing it.

Help!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello! There are SO many bulbs on those models... You said you removed and replaced the housing but have you changed the bulbs? Since you haven't had it since new, I'd personally change ALL the bulbs (except the headlight and daytime runner)... Front and back. I've had those bulbs do that with the exact same indicator issue and oddly, sometimes vibration can cause bad bulbs to still stay lit. I just lost my GLS to an inattentive driver who rear ended me...I changed lights so much in that car (I think there's like 6 bulbs in the back that are brake and parking lights... And doesn't even include the reverse and license plate lights)...I eventually upgraded to the VLand ALL LED front and rear...I was not disappointed.

Start with all the bulbs in the headlamp on all sides of the car so you don't have to repeat the process with different aged bulbs... Or it'll seem never ending.

Let us know how you fair on this...I loved my GLS. I just got me the new 22 NLine... The N would have gotten me into some trouble!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts