Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read just about every forum post on every site for this issue and tried everything I can think of, but the problem persists.

First started about a month ago or so, the blower fan speed would go from high to just about nothing randomly. Have not been using AC but it does not matter either way I have found. I replaced the cabin filter, and the fan was definitely stronger at first but still had the same issue. I researched and found that the blower motor resistors go sometimes and need to be replaced. Fine. Ordered the resistor, slapped it in, good to go. Nope. Same issue! Randomly goes from high to barely any air at all. Except slightly less often than before. Okay, everyone says to replace the blower fan. Fine, ordered the blower and slapped it in, checked battery voltage with a meter with car on/off, battery and alternator are both working properly. Headed out, the problem still persists, but not quite as bad. Fan will go full speed just fine while driving, but after about 15 mins of driving as soon as you stop at a red light it goes down to the equivalent of about fan speed 1 or 2 out of 4. As soon as you press the gas, it goes back to normal. The car has never done anything of the sorts before, nothing has changed in terms of driving style, just frustration all around! Anyone run into this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2019 Sonata had varying fan speeds. Finally checked the owner's manual and found out this was a factory feature. Designed to enhance comfort, the manual said.

Take a look at yours or ask a Hyundai tech.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts