Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The release bearing in my manual 2013 elantra has GONE. Car is now stuck in my driveway. I'm a little bit mechanically inclined. My question is will i be able to complete a clutch job myself, in my driveway, with no power tools?

Someone told me i would have to pull the engine... really???

I know i'll have to pull the tranny, but if the car is jacked up high enough, i should be able to pull it from below?

Looking forward to your comments!

Cheers,
chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes you can remove the transmission and replace your clutch. This is not an easy job for those with limited ability or means. In my opinion I would pay to have a pro do it, this way you can get a parts and labor warranty with the job should anything go wrong. A clutch job is a "failure is no option" type of job. Only works one way. There is nothing more frustrating than investing yourself into a job only to discover you did something wrong and now have to take it all back apart. If your going to do the job yourself than purchase a maintenance manual on your car and read an do your homework on the job. Better to take the time to be completely prepared and have everything you need to do the job right. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts