Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the rubber coupler in the upper end of steering colum. After assembling mounting the colum back and plugging up the wires now the eps light is on and no power steering. Has anyone had the issue??? Any suggestions? Could it be the power steering module box?
Please post comments

· Super Moderator
174 Posts
I'd start by disconnecting the battery for 30 or so minutes.

My battery went low a few weeks back and when it charged enough I started it and the same hting happened. I was able to just turn it off/on and everything was fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was previously left unplugged over a hour and when plugged up no power steering. It was had to turn and you could feel the splines the steering wheel slides down on kinda slipping a little as you turn the wheel. I even drove it around the block as it felt like that. I was told if the steering colum the whole piece. Colum,steering motor and module was replaced that it had to be recalerbrated??? Is that true. I have a auto salvage place that has it all as one but said it had to be calerbrated. When we were taken it down to switch out the coupler the steering with upper shift came out of lower shift. We likened the wheel up straight and slid the wheel and upper shaft on to lower shaft with it all lined up. I saw where others made this repair and had no power steering. One switched out the motor and one the module. I have a appointment with Hyundai I tried to avoid but no shop will recalerbrate or do a dognistic on it.

· Super Moderator
174 Posts
I'm sure it will need ot be calibrated so the sensors know where center, full left, full right are but don't know a lot about EPS systems. I do wish you luck though and would like to hear the outcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts