Elantra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know this is a late reply, but the problem you are having is 100% due to the alignment. That's not to say the car is out of spec, but rather hyundai, and just about every other car company are setting the cars up for a certain ride quality/feel. In most cases they are trying to achieve a sportier feel with thier economy cars. What that means is more negative camber and negative toe angles. If you take it to a hyundai dealer for an alignment, they will put the car into factory spec. If you take it to a decent alignment shop they can tweak it to help with tire life. Keep in mind, this will change the handling characteristics of the car and may require different suspension components to keep the car from feeling unsettled. Honestly doing the KYB shock upgrade and then a little less toe and camber on the alignment should completely solve the issue. There are also tires out there made for this issue. Nitto neogen tires for example use a different rubber compound on the inner tread. I used to have them on my VW that was lowered and ran a lot of negative camber to fit the tires. After almost 30k miles the neogens had a fairly evenly worn. Just keep in mind manufacturers are interested in selling cars. In more recent years consumers have been more focused on performance over comfort and form over function. Until that mindset changes, companies will continue with whatever trends are selling the best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts