Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More than a few of you fine people probably have some great recommendations for where to get OEM parts for a 2013 Coupe GS. There are a couple of minor interior parts that I'd like to get replaced, but I really have no idea what little bits and bobs CAN be replaced, or those which require more expensive purchases of larger assemblies. I have to familiarize myself with what's possible, so I'm hoping I can get pointed to the right resource. Thanks loads!

Kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are you looking to do? Most everything is replaceable... And easier than you think. A screwdriver and plastic interior prying tools normally do it. I replaced the passenger side air vent and it was pretty easy to do.

My recommendation is to check those Hyundai sites that still OEM parts and you can put you VIN number in for verification it fits, then get the part numbers and shop the rest of the internet for better pricing... Oddly some of those OEM sites are priced rather well. And the age of the car works in your favor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, I've got some front bumper damage from the car's first owner, and I'm looking at in-situ restoration options or complete replacement. I am finding that my best bet may be to order a new bumper, and then take it to a shop that will paint match and install. Not so sure the restoration process is the best idea. Secondly, there are some dash controls that are worn and need replacing. But I'm finding that you can't replace just the faux chrome ring around the AC fan speed knob, for example.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the pick and pull junk yards near you. I was able to grab a rear bumper cover for $90. If you can be patient you can usually find one on your color. the app ROW52 does an ok job of helping look at different yards in your area.

Most interior parts are pretty easy, but as you found the chrome pieces are not. My dials started flaking about 2 weeks ago. I figured out instead of replacing them I'm just going to get a firm brush and try to remove all of the chrome. I fugred since there is not other chrome, except small pieces on the vents, it won't be as noticable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts