Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've come here because I haven't been able to find anyone else with this exact issue.

The brake lights on my girlfriend's 2012 Hyundai Elantra have been acting up. They seemed like they were stuck on, so I replaced the Stop Light Switch, and Checked Both Fuses, and that did not clear up the problem

When the headlights are set to be on, the tail lights illuminate as if you were hitting the brakes, with only the third rear window brake light illuminating when you hit the brakes,

When the headlight switch is set to off, all three brake lights illuminate, but only as bright as if the headlights were on, and your foot was not on the brake.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

I've come here because I haven't been able to find anyone else with this exact issue.

The brake lights on my girlfriend's 2012 Hyundai Elantra have been acting up. They seemed like they were stuck on, so I replaced the Stop Light Switch, and Checked Both Fuses, and that did not clear up the problem

When the headlights are set to be on, the tail lights illuminate as if you were hitting the brakes, with only the third rear window brake light illuminating when you hit the brakes,

When the headlight switch is set to off, all three brake lights illuminate, but only as bright as if the headlights were on, and your foot was not on the brake.

Thanks in advanced!
Check headlight switch and wiring for it and brake light switch, and grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts