Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car new in 2011 and it has been well care for, however, it is not driven regularly. Only has 45,000 miles, but oil changed regularly, etc. It's my kids college car, thus the reason for not a lot of mileage. Dad (me) makes sure it gets regular maintenance.
Anyway, taking if for inspection/emissions test and an oil change I hit the gas when the light turned green and got a large clould of white smoke. Car seems to be running correctly otherwise, doesn't have a lot of power, but I don't think it ever did. Any ideas?
Also getting a vibrating/rattling noise under the car, sounds like maybe a loose exhaust, but don't think the two are connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the car new in 2011 and it has been well care for, however, it is not driven regularly. Only has 45,000 miles, but oil changed regularly, etc. It's my kids college car, thus the reason for not a lot of mileage. Dad (me) makes sure it gets regular maintenance. google street view
Anyway, taking if for inspection/emissions test and an oil change I hit the gas when the light turned green and got a large clould of white smoke. Car seems to be running correctly otherwise, doesn't have a lot of power, but I don't think it ever did. Any ideas?
Also getting a vibrating/rattling noise under the car, sounds like maybe a loose exhaust, but don't think the two are connected.
No one has any ideas on this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you still getting white smoke when the car is fully warmed up.. strong possibility you have a leaking head gasket and coolant is getting into one or many of the cylinders and when coolant burnt, it produces the white exhaust...

No one has any ideas on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts