Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and looking for help with a P2004 code: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open. I have 65,000 miles on my Elantra and have had no problems or issues with the car. Just started showing the P2004 code and I can't seem to find much information on this particular code especially for a 2011 Elantra. It is intermittent error. I have reset it with Torque on my Samsung Galaxy S III. It has also reset itself if I leave it alone and just let it cycle through but it eventually comes back on. Doesn't seem to effect performance, idle, or driving. I believe there's a check during start-up and if the flapper is in the wrong position the code is shown and the check engine light comes on.

Just curious if anyone else experiences a cloud of exhaust smoke during a hard acceleration from a slow speed. I mostly drive long highway miles and seems I can drop a James Bond like smoke screen about every 10,000 miles. Only has happened 3 times. If I hit the accelerator from a slow speed,the transmission downshifts, RPMs shoot up and POW - Smoke Screen.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts