Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My daughter is about to go back to school. Her heat is no longer blowing and snow is here
I checked the blower motor - 12v spins it fine, no binding whatsoever. I checked fuses (though not entirely sure I understand this diagram-any clarity is much appreciated). I also replaced the resistor - pretty sure the old one was fine though. Are there relays I need to look at? According to my google search, older Hyundais may have put them near the blower. I appreciate your help. Situation is tight.

I also posted to HD (2006-2010) Elantra Not sure if this forum is affiliated Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it not blowing heat ot not blowing at all?

If it is no power to the blower check the fuse in he diagram labeled Fusebox Diagram. The left hand column, 6th down is labeled blower 40a.
You could temporarily swap it with the fuse above to see if that fixes the issue. Only problem here is if there is a short you will probably blow that fuse as well.

If you're handy with a volt meter you can check power going to this fuse. If it has power there then you can check for power at the plug of the blower motor. If no power there then somehting is wrong in between.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott - not blowing at all. All fuses were swapped out. I got desperate and brought it to a local shop. They told me what I suspected: might be the relay behind the glove box (which I could not remove). They are ordering a replacement which could take up to 5 days :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts