Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve tried searching the forums for this issue but I have found nothing for this year or model. So the vehicle starts up fine, but as soon as the car starts driving, it tends to sputter. At lights or stop signs, the issue keeps happening. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it happens. At around 10-15 miles per hour it’ll stutter and shut off. Electronics remain on. Now, my instant thought was most likely something fuel related, or the cam crank position sensor. I purchased that sensor and I’m waiting to install it now. I have also scanned the vehicle and no codes came up. However, when I look at live data, it tells me OL-FAULT open loop, at ignition on. When the vehicle is on, it changes to CL so closed loop. My guess is possibly the fuel pump but has anyone else had this issue? And what did you do to fix the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud, is this still happening? I have a 2016 Elantra that’s does the exact same thing. I searched for weeks and found nothing. But, I found a solution to it last year when it happened. All I had to do was change the oil filter and oil. I thought it was a pump as well, and I thought it was the idle air control valve. But it just turned out to be oil. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts