Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trouble starting after it warms up and no spark, changed crank shaft sensor and the plug wires now it's not getting fuel if fuel pump is not working will that keep it from having any spark

·
Registered
137 Posts
now it's not getting fuel if fuel pump is not working will that keep it from having any spark
A loss of power to BOTH the fuel pump and some ignition component.
I'd probably suspect the ignition switch first, then fuses.

What's the battery voltage when trying to start ? Could be a bad battery too. Is the engine actually turning over ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the engine is turning over and the battery voltage is 12.4 it sounds like the pump is kicking in and all the fuses are good

·
Registered
137 Posts
the battery voltage is 12.4
The battery voltage with no load is pretty meaningless.

What's the battery voltage with the headlights on........and then while the starter is running ??

Without a shop manual and a multi-meter, I think you are rapidly approaching the point where a shop visit will be required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just bring it to a shop. you have already tried to pinpoint the issue.

if it cranks it could be either no fuel or no spark.
Well had a diag test done it showed no codes replaced mfi relay started up ran ruff started next day and now nothing ready to junk it

·
Registered
137 Posts
now nothing ready to junk it
What does "nothing" mean ?
What happens if you put a battery charger on it for a few hours ??
What does the battery voltage read when it fails ??

And if you are going to ask question here you should at least pay
attention to the answers.
See post #4 above.

You might need to find a "real" mechanic who knows how the car actually works........and can do things
other than read codes and guess at what part to try next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
engine running at 2700 rpm for over 5 minutes and all is good. Take it out and running at the same rpm temperature goes to red in lest than a minute. Stop the car and temperature comes down in 30 seconds...
Coolant container next to the radiator bubbling all the time. New radiator, radiator cap and thermostat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! I'm not an expert in all this yet, but I'm interested in such questions. I esteem your opinions, I think it will come in handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts