Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda going opposite of most, I suspect; would like to lift my SE, probably 2": I'm an older guy(Ancient, actually!!); at 80& getting in & out is getting more difficult: plus, I actually kinda like the higher look.
Any suggestions/thoughts on this subject greatly appreciated!!
John in MD

·
Registered
2015 Elantra Limited
1 Posts
The easiest way to get some more height, John, is to go up on your tire size. If you're really committed to the idea, you can install coilovers and add spacers to bring the ride height up.

Also, this may sound silly, but I've been having ankle/leg/hip issues (broke my ankle in March), and with the airboot, I started swinging both feet out and standing up, and turning around and sitting and then swinging my legs in. Take a look at your body mechanics, and see if there's a more stable way to move in and out.

·
Registered
2017 Elantra
1 Posts
The easiest way to get some more height, John, is to go up on your tire size. If you're really committed to the idea, you can install coilovers and add spacers to bring the ride height up.

Also, this may sound silly, but I've been having ankle/leg/hip issues (broke my ankle in March), and with the airboot, I started swinging both feet out and standing up, and turning around and sitting and then swinging my legs in. Take a look at your body mechanics, and see if there's a more stable way to move in and out.
Yeah! Appreciate the thots! I’m 81 & basically use your technique in & out: just put new treads on a few months ago, so don’t want to upsize tires just now.
Thanks!
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts