Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a funky smell that comes out of the vents? I noticed at about 35k if I don't have my air on (even sometimes when I do) there is an odd smell that comes out of the vents.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep we have out of our 2017 limited, I am not sure the condensate drains properly on our cars and gives a musty smell from the evaporator coil. I thought it was from the cabin filter but nope, def not. You might can mask it some with a febreeze cabin air filter, Ours only has 17,800 miles on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Turn on your AC to high, keep recirculated air off and spray some Lysol disinfectant into the fresh air intake area grill outside by the windshield wipers and that should help after doing it a few times over a few weeks. Those air vents in the car get musty, especially in high humidity areas. The Lysol will kill the bacteria and smell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn on your AC to high, keep recirculated air off and spray some Lysol disinfectant into the fresh air intake area grill outside by the windshield wipers and that should help after doing it a few times over a few weeks. Those air vents in the car get musty, especially in high humidity areas. The Lysol will kill the bacteria and smell.
This is the only thing that worked for me. Thank you so much! Everyone, the pee smell coming from your ac is not pee, is mildew in the ac coils and do this lysol trick to fix it. I tried vinegar and tried fabreeze. Lysol is the only thing that worked. Spray it in the cabin filter area and let it get sucked through the system. Keep doing it a little bit of spray at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts