Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 Elantra, the drivers side door doesn't lock with key fob or the lock button on the door panel (yet, all other 3 doors lock).

If I manually lock the drivers door the alarm on the car goes off randomly without anyone touching the car or the key fob, etc. HELP! What could it be?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately, I feel like his could be something that is hard to diagnose. I think that it could be an electrical problem within the door panel. Also, my second guess is that it has something to do with the door lock actuator needing maintenance (either adjusted a little, lubricated, or replaced). The best thing to do is to remove the door panel and see what the problem is. I am unfamiliar with the 08 elantra so I can't walk you through it but I hope this narrows your search.

You could always get it fixed at a shop.. For a small fee of course! $$$

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could also be a door latch. Is the door open light on when it's closed or does it show closed even when the door is open?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My "door open" dash warning light stays on even when I'm driving. What is the deal w/ that? 2013 Hundai Elantra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts