Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(04 Hyundai elantra)I got the car last year for free after it had sat for about 3 years. I jumped it and it fired up after a bit. It was parked due to needing some work one issue being a check engine light for obd readiness. The shop told the previous owner it needed a new cat along with breaks and axles. I put an additive in the fuel to help clean the cat, ran the car, cleared the code it was off for maybe two days and the light came back on this time for a camshaft position sensor. I replaced the sensor and cleared the code but it came back on within a few hours. Any ideas what I should look at to get the code fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a camshaft sensor code on a 12 Elantra, replaced both sensor and, the Check Engine light came back. Car was not starting well when engine was warmed up, and car would pulse at lower RPM's. Had to replace Timing Chain and tensioner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a very similar story: I inherited an 04 elantra and it sat for 5 years. I changed the valve cover gasket and there was a lot of old oil/gunk in the engine so I got an oil change. Starting it now I get a p0010 code and p0340 code. I tried replacing the camshaft position sensor and the cvvt solenoid, but that didn't fix the issue. Maybe the sensors are bad? Also, I cracked the CPS connector and the cvvt solenoid connector was zip tied from a previous owner, I replaced the zip ties and hope they were secure, but my next step will be to replace both connectors. Did you find a fix for your issue? What codes were you getting?

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra SE 2.0L 6MT
23 Posts
I have a very similar story: I inherited an 04 elantra and it sat for 5 years. I changed the valve cover gasket and there was a lot of old oil/gunk in the engine so I got an oil change. Starting it now I get a p0010 code and p0340 code. I tried replacing the camshaft position sensor and the cvvt solenoid, but that didn't fix the issue. Maybe the sensors are bad? Also, I cracked the CPS connector and the cvvt solenoid connector was zip tied from a previous owner, I replaced the zip ties and hope they were secure, but my next step will be to replace both connectors. Did you find a fix for your issue? What codes were you getting?
I'd definitely check the wiring and connectors to the solenoids. sometimes they're good and just have issues in connectivity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts