Elantra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my car was missing so bad that I could barely drive it. I had the codes read. Cylinder 3 misfire and small evap leak. I had all 4 plugs and wires put in. It was still idling rough and missing. I had a coil installed and it seemed to fix the issue. Drove the car for about a week without issues. Then the misfire starting coming back more and more often. Check engine light would flash but not stay on. Last night the car stalled twice and did not want to start back up. I would have to wait a 5 minutes or so then the car would start back up. I put a crankshaft positioning sensor in it and it seemed to fix the issue. Drove it for a good hour and not a single misfire. This morning it starting to miss again. I have read that a bad MAF sensor could be causing this. The previous owner installed an aftermarket intake and it doesn't even have the MAF sensor installed anymore. I have drove the car for over a year like this without issue or codes related to a MAF sensor. It's almost like it's not even a misfire. The RPM drops low for a second then comes back up.

Does anyone have any ideas on whats going on here? This car is pushing 200K miles. The body is in great shape. Other than this issue the motor runs very strong. I would hate to get rid of it but I don't want to keep replacing random parts into a high millage car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts