Elantra Forum banner

Anyone moderate this forum?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  throwinrocks 
#1 ·
Hello,

Just joined but it seems like half of the posts are put up by spam accounts. There doesn't seem to be many active users but having most of the recent posts done by spammers probably doesn't help the situation much. Hopefully something can be done to clean this place up a bit. Could be a great place to share information!

#3 ·
100%. With how many people are typically viewing and how many Elantra owners are out there you would think we could build a strong community here of information. I feel like it probably discourages people when they find someone asking the question that they have but it has gone unanswered for years. Or someone just has a spam account and fills the post up with crap. Oh well, maybe a few of us can put some time in and make it a bit more accessible. I have a new grill on the way and some of the OEM style fogs to install. I see its been asked many times on how to install them, so I will fully document the process with pictures and get some info up here. Maybe ill do a write up on adding paddles to a value or non sport model as well.

#4 ·
I have 3 Hyundai Forums on my list and they're the same way. No response.
I don't mean to sound like an ass but maybe they're just not technically or mechanically inclined meaning they have no clue about the car they drive and depend on the dealer to fix issues for them.
Gonna suck if they have a flat or need to put gas in their car.:grin:

#5 ·
Hahaha yeah I have kind of noticed the same thing. I was looking to see what people had done to install fog lamps after purchase, and no joke they were making it out to be brain surgery. I believe that was hyundai-forums.com. Scary stuff. Lots of how do i turbo my 2.0 and such. I feel like most elantra owners are a bit different than civic owners in that they seem to just buy them for transportation and if its not a sport they pretty much don't mod them. When the elantra reddit is the most active related community its not looking good for us. But who knows maybe we will get some new blood and some people interested in tinkering and learning as they go. Ill try to post as much as I can but with work and the house it will be sparse to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.