User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2013 GT oem camera kit needed

Hi all,
I found out from Compass-Nav by email today (9-23-16) they no longer sell the motorized OEM style GT camera kit mentioned in an older thread (2015) on the topic of installing navi and BU camera in non tech package equipped GT (has standard radio with manual AC control panel as mine does. I have the style package only). So my questions:
1. Does my tail gate have the necessary wiring (video/ 12V) & mounting brackets for the camera (just how camera ready is this car), my gate has the emblem mounted on an inset plate and not directly to the gate metal like normal on other cars, so is this the actual camera door locked closed or just a hole (dummy) plug and I would need to find the proper colour (Atlantic Blue Pearl ringtones) motorized panel?
2. I was thinking of replacing the standard radio with the premium radio (if I can't get the compass-nav I want) as I have a lead on one, will that work and fit with the manual AC control panel and can I add a Hyundai camera (if I can find that)?
3. Does anyone here have any of this for sale that will fit a 2013 non tech package GT (compass-nav with their oem style camera or the actual hyundai set up)? Thank you, Rick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2013 GT oem camera

Rick,

Realize this in ancient now. But, I installed the OEM backup camera when I converted my standard radio to Compass-NAV. As I recall, I had to run all the wiring from the lift gate area to the head unit area. And, I had to tap into the Reverse signal lead. The entire system has worked well for 6 years; but now the Compass-NAV display has stopped working. Seems like Compass-NAV no longer provides systems or parts.

Anyone have information about finding a replacement screen?

Also, I'm pursuing installing an OEM NAV head unit in my car. I need pinouts for the non-NAV and the NAV head units. And I need to know if I also have to swap the Telematics module (the module above the head unit in the car.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page