User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Joe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2014 limited headlights

I'm new to the site so hope I'm posting in the right place and the search function turned up no matches so hopefully not a repost.
I just recently bought a new '14 Hyundai Elantra Limited but the "halo" around the headlight is a bluish white hue and the low beams and high beams are more of a yellow color. I was hoping that I would be able to find a bulb closer to the hue of the halo so they match a little better. I am also not very mechanically inclined and was hoping to be able to replace the bulbs myself but havent had a chance to scout out the headlights under the hood.
I'm sure many members have changed headlight bulbs so what would you guys recommend, I'm not sure at all how headlights come and this will be the first time I've ever worked on a car by myself so I was trying to start off easy. Is there a website for headlights that i can use to search by color or anything? I love the brightness of the stock bulbs so I didn't wanna lose this I just hoped for a better match.
Sorry for writing a book I just hope I explained well enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 PM

If you want bright bulbs so you can see at night, I'd go with Phillips X-treme Vision and used them until I got an HID Kit. If you buy anything that has a blue tint on the blub, you will just loose brightness. Do NOT buy the Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, they claim they are bright, but they are not, they just give off a blue tint to make it look xenon. As for installing them yourself, it is very easy. The 2013 models have 3 screws and the headlight comes out with forward effort. Very easy job to do.

Jason
2013 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Grey
Manual Transmission
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Garage
We bought a 2013 Coupe and installed (6000K) HID headlights and HID foglights from XenonSupply. The installation was simple. Only modification needed was a 1" hole in the headlight covers, XS has a great video of the install.
If you're not familiar with HID kits, they are a lighting SYSTEM (harness, ballasts, bulbs etc), not just bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page