Elantra Forum banner

Let the changes begin...

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Twinning215 
#1 ·
So I started making some changes to the car today. I platidipped the rear badges and started tinting the tail lights. I think I'm gonna remove the Elantra badge, but keep the hyundai logo. I think the rear of the car looks unbalanced with it. It got dark before I could snap pics of the badges. So here are some shots of the lights. I still have to wet sand and clear them, but that'll be done tomorrow. They should get a little lighter and be a darke shade of red rather than black when they are done.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
And they're done (for now). During the day you can still see red. It's a dark red, but red. I added LED bulbs to both the inner and outer housing so they get very bright. I would say they're actually brighter than before tinting them. I still have to add the resistors to the brake lights, but they work. I just have a light out indicator on the dash. I'll do a write up with pics after I finish them. I also plan to wet sand and buff them one more time. There is still a little bit of texture in some spots. The next thing mod for the back will be LED markers in the bumper instead of reflectors. I'll also smoke those before installing them.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks! I can't wait to get the reflector lights for the bumper so I can finish the blacked out look. I also have a lip spoiler for the trunk and roof spoiler with led strip on order. Then it will be time to move on to the front of the car. I really want to do a front lip and lower the car, but my wife and I both drive it and she has a nasty habit of pulling forward til the front tires touch whatever she is parking in front of. The bumper already touches the curb at our apartment. I have a feeling the front end won't last long if I do what I want. Lol.

#8 ·
Tint (30% on the sides and back 70% on the windshield) and to just keep it clean. I've got kids and they trash everything, so nothing custom inside. If the seats don't hold up I'll consider leather. I've also thought about a hidden sub in the trunk, but nothing big. Either an 8 or 10. If I went with an 8 I could fit it to the deck, but honestly the sound isn't too bad stock.

#10 ·
Here is my custom body kit. My first attempt . I stripped pieces from other cars, hacked ,butchered and heated to bend to the shapes and angles I needed...front bumper lip and fender flairs were purchased as they are...I will post different angles of the car and pieces made to fit if people would like to see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.