Hyundai Elantra Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Elantra 6 speed shift knob replacement
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
ryderjay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix058 View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase an aftermarket shift knob for my Elantra coupe 6 speed? Apparently the OEM shifter has a collar that you have to pull up in order to shift into reverse...and I can't find any website that carries that kind of shift knob.

I could get a replacement through Hyundai, but the leather is just cheap crap as it starts to peel after only a few months .... this also happened to my leather wrapped steering wheel too. It is such a shame as I have had many cars with leather wheels and shifters and NEVER had an issue like this.
Save yourself the $$ and just keep having the warranty replace it. Never had a leather steering wheel or shifter "peel" before... I've dug little spots into them from fingernails, rings, etc. But nothing that showed a defect in the product. Only had our GT for 4 days, but the leather on the wheel seems about the same as many others Ive had.

Not sure about this collar you're talking about... most 6-spds you have to push down the shift lever to enter into reverse. But the shift knob doesn't affect that function. Can you explain the function better? Do you actually have to pull/press something in order to enter reverse?

Last edited by ryderjay; 06-25-2013 at 07:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome