Elantra Forum banner

2017 Elantra GL - Wind Noise

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  crazycanadian34 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have owned my 2017 Elantra GL for just over three and a half months now. I absolutely love it as it is my first ever car I have purchased. For about a two months now I have had a high pitched wind noise coming from the right drive passenger side door area. The noise only comes at around 65-75km/h to 100km/h or (40mph-47mph to 63mph). At first I thought that it was a bearing issue, but the sound doesn't match a bearing issue.

I have taken the car to my Hyundai dealership to get it looked at 3 times. First time I said it had to be a bearing, they check all came back fine. The second time I had taken it in and drove with the technician and head mechanic they both said it was a deformed weather stripping seal around the door, and I had it replaced under warranty. After picking the car up on last Friday evening the noise
is still there but only a little more quite.

I have done some google searching but haven't found anything related to my issue with the 2017, Elantra GL.

The best guess I can come up with is the main A-pillar and the mirror connection might have a bad seal? the weather stripping around the main frame of the car is faulty (weather stripping around door was replaced only by dealer).

Any tips or suggestions would be a great help!

Thanks,

Craig

See less See more
#2 ·
**UPDATE**

So I have still being battling this issue still with my 2017 Hyundai Elantra.

They kept the car for over a week trying to isolate the whistling sound. They have fully replaced the right side passenger mirror completely and said that resolved the issue. However after driving it home I still noticed the whistle sound between 60km/h and 80km/h. After picking up my girlfriend from work we drove around using a dense cloth to see if we could locate the noise, nothing worked.

We soon found out that if pull the mirror towards the car as if your folding it when parking, the sound completely goes away. Keep in mind that this is the brand new mirror that was installed this week. The noise is somewhat quieter since it was installed than the first mirror that with the car when I got it.

Im going to try and tape around any holes and seals if possible to try and resolve the issue still.

This is the only link I found on youtube regarding my issue in a VW....they have the exact same sound as I do.

If anyone has any idea please comment :)

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.