Squeaky Doors in my elantra! - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Squeaky Doors in my elantra!

My 2013 elantra gls has such a squeaky door, i feel like it is ready to break off, any suggestions? i can sometimes here a rattle in the door when playing music too. help me out haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM

That's the joys of warranty!! Take it in ASAP. And make sure they don't mark up your panels, cause hyundai/kia plastics are really soft!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 AM

Yea just bring it to the dealer. You bought a new car for a reason. I wouldn't even bother fixing it myself.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 06:00 PM

So much for warranties....I have a 2013 Elantra and I have the same problem. It started squeaking about a year ago. I called the Dealership, they suggested squirting WD40 in the hinge. We did, twice, and then the third time we used silicone. This past April, I took it into the shop, they used some kind of white grease, I know this cause I they left residue on the outside casing of the door. This past July it came back even louder, so my sister oiled it for me. I called the shop again complaining that about every 2-3 months it comes back. It does not do it if it is raining or I wash the car.

The Tech explained to me that it is the bar that slides in and out of the door, and the rain acts as a lubricant. I told him that I bought a 2001 Elantra and NEVER had this problem, and loved it so much that I bought another one. It is apparent to me that the material they are making this piece out of is different and needs to be replaced. I said to him, "my concern is that I have a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and every 2-3 months I have to bring it in. If my warranty expires, will I not only have to keep bringing it in, but have to pay to have you grease the doors?"

I have since called Customer Service who advised me the next time I take it in to let him know and he will call the shop and speak to the technician to see if it can be resolved. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday, 8/18/15.

Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page