2019 Elantra GT 6SPD Manual Hill Start Assist works intermittently - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2019 Elantra GT 6SPD Manual Hill Start Assist works intermittently

I folks I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I recently purchased a 2019 Elantra GT with the 6 speed manual transmission. I have noticed that the car doesnt always engage the hill start assist when i am sitting on an incline. I can be on the same hill and one day i pull up to the hill press the clutch and press the brake to completely stop and the car will not roll back because the hill start is doing its job holding me there for 2 seconds. But there are other times when i seem to do the exact same thing and the car just rolls back!
I went back to the dealer where i purchased the car and they didnt even know what i was talking about, i had to show them in the car manual what this was (they were thinking i was referring to the HILL HOLD which is another Hyundai option but that is not available in the Elantra. So anyway after explaining to the Service Manager what hill-start assist is supposed to do we went for a test drive and sure as **** it held the car on every hill for the 2 second time period its supposed to do!
But of course the next day it would not hold on any hill, so have any of you other Elantra GT drivers noticed this? Have you found a common anomaly that would cause the car to always roll backwards on the hill instead of staying put for 2 seconds like its supposed too?
back to the Hyundai dealer he put an inquiry into Hyundai Canada and they didnt even know what could be causing the problem, he asked me if i could keep tabs on what i am doing to see if i could find a common sequence that causes the car to roll back instead of holding for 2 seconds.
Would love to hear others input on this if you have any experience with this!
thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page