2014 Limited Climate Control System Question - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2014 Limited Climate Control System Question

I am a techie and yet I am also totally confused concerning the climate control system on my new 2014 Elantra Limited. I just got back from a trip to Yosemite where the temperatures averaged between 95 and 100 every day. I had the dual temp settings at 73-75 degrees. The AC was off. The Auto button was off. And yet, the air coming out of the vents when it was very hot outside was very cool! I ended up averaging 37-40mpg on that mountain trip which totally thrilled me but I have no idea whether the AC was on or not. With cool temps coming out of the vents, I'd have to assume the AC was on but the light was off and it was not on auto. So here's my question: If I set the CCS temperature to 73 degrees with Auto and AC off, is the AC going to come on anyway to try to achieve 73 degrees?? All I want to do is be able to use the vents but it always seems to be ice cold air. the only other thing I can think of is if you want just the outside vent air, you must increase the CCS temperature to closer to the outside air temp but that sounds extremely stupid to me. I just want outside air only sometimes and don't know if that is overridden even when Auto and AC is off if the temperature is set to 73 degrees. I know the Elantra can't be that efficient to somehow find cold air from outside temps in the 90's and 100's. When I turn the AC light on, it gets a little bit colder but then when I turn it off, I can smell the humid-type smell of AC coils warming up so I know it appeared not to be on before I pushed the AC button even though the inside temp was at least 20 degrees cooler than the outside temp.

If I turn Auto on, then adjust the fan speed to turn it off, then the air coming out of the vents gets warmer as expected but if I shut the whole system down and then back on, the temp is very cool again even though Auto and AC are still OFF! This is very confusing to me. I'm sure I'm just missing something here and have no experience with these new CCS's. I'm used to the blue to red dial, AC button and fan speed only! lol. Any help or better explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

Last edited by frodoboy; 09-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page