Oxygen sensor problems - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oxygen sensor problems

I replaced the wheel bearing on my 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT, 112000 miles, a few months ago. In the process I damaged the wheel speed sensor. The cel light came on and the rev limiter kicked in at 5500 rpm.

then I noticed theit would rev higher. So I put the code reader on it, and it had showed an oxygen sensor code. P2237, oxygen positive current control circuit open and P0171 lean condition code as well as the wheel speed sensor code. I installed a new wheel speed sensor and that resolved the wheel speed sensor issue.

so I bought an after market sensor and installed it and cleared the codes. Then the light came back on.
this time I got P0032 sensor heater circuit control circuit high bank sensor 1, and P0131 o2 sensor low voltage.

I then tried another sensor, after market again and
this time it was P 2251 O2 sensor negative current control circuit open bank one.
I have removed the ECU and checked the bins for oxidation. They looked good and I sprayed everything with contact cleaner.
Still the light came back on and I tried all the sensors again and got the same codes.

I have yet to follow the Hyundai recommended test for continuity of the wires from the ecu connector to the sensor socket.
Do these wires develop breaks often? Is there a location where there is a junction where I should check for bad connections.

would it be a good idea to try a OEM sensor? Any thoughts on the best way to go from here would be appreciated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page