Used 2013 Elantra Limited w/Navigation Stereo: Stumped on how you change Bluetooth - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Used 2013 Elantra Limited w/Navigation Stereo: Stumped on how you change Bluetooth

Greetings!

I unfortunately lost my 2015 Elantra SE due to icy roads. I have replaced it with a very nice 2013 Elantra Limited. Unlike my Elantra, this one has a bigger screen (Example of the unit: https://www.carpartswarehouse.com/bu...All%20Products ) .

Whenever I hit the telephone button in the upper right, the screen says "Conecting to [Former Owner's First and Last Name]'s Phone." After five seconds or so it will return to the FM menu. The manual I got with the car covers only the base model radio (such as what my 2015 had). I cannot for the life of me find the "PHONE" button anywhere in the touch-screen menus. I went to the "Help" menu and it tells me to locate this "PHONE" button but I simply do not see it. Does anyone with experience in this car know where I can set up the Bluetooth??

I am at a loss as to what to do short of spending money at the dealer. I know that the old owner did have it set up to run Bluetooth. I guess this older model with the Nav/deluxe radio is too sophisticated for me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: During a lunch break I went out to the car and resolved this issue. For those reading this board in the future, here is what I did:

1. On the steering wheel is a GREEN colored telephone. I compressed this button (merely tapping it tried to pull the old owners phone).

2. After a good 7-10 seconds holding that GREEN telephone button down the Display pulled up the screen stating there is no valid phone in proximity, and then allowing me to access a previously unseen screen dealing with phone connections.

3. I then went to "CONNECTIONS" and hit "Add to." I followed the prompts to add my phone to the vehicle. (On iPhone you go to Bluetooth, wait for a device named "Handsfree" or "ELANTRA" (changed to ELANTRA after a few seconds, but if you see Handsfree, it will work to connect too). I entered in the code on the screen, which for all four Elantras I have driven is "0 0 0 0"

4. I went back to the screen before CONNECTIONS ( but I did NOT go all the way back to the FM/AM/XM default screen) and I went to a list of devices. I deleted the old owner's phone.

Your display will now say something like

"Phone: [Phone Name]"
"File: Phone music"

It was playing the music I had going from Spotify earlier in the day, so it was able to pull as the 2015-2017 Elantras have done for me. I placed a call on the phone and a much larger screen popped up showing the call information. The call quality was normal.

Hopefully this helps, especially as more of us wind up in gently used 2011-2015 gen Elantras.

Last edited by zirbens; 01-08-2019 at 04:07 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 AM

Just a heads up - I get a malware warning for that page you linked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page