Crank sensor code P0335 - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crank sensor code P0335

Hi y'all, I'm new to the forum world so bear with me. I have a 2001 elantra that I bought off a buddy a year or so ago and has been a great car up 'til now. It quit on me recently, pulling away from a stop light, just like shutting off the key. No buck jumps or weird noises, just died. Quick code check with a cheapo reader gave me a P0335, crank sensor code. I checked the voltages at the connector and got 12v from power to ground (the outside pins) and 7v or 5v to signal wire(middle one) depending on if you go to power or ground. That seemed high to me since I'm more familiar with Ford and GM; they both use 5v reference voltage on the systems. So, I went to the infinite wisdom of youtube and found a video of a guy checking the voltages of a crank sensor on a Hyundai and got the same readings I got. I thought, "Cool, I'm good there" so I bought a sensor and installed it, just to find, nope, that wasn't it. Assuming my wiring is good and the connection to the ECM is good since I have good voltages, I thought it must be the ECM itself. I asked another buddy who is somewhat familiar with Hyundai and he agreed. So I found a used ECM for a 2001 Elantra (same part #, same siemens #) and installed it. Still wont fire. So, before I throw anymore money at this problem, can anyone think of anything I'm missing here? Just a foot note, I can see the excitor ring through the sensor hole. It's good. I can see it turn when I crank it and I can turn the engine with it. Also, I haven't checked the timing belt, but everything sounds right when I crank it and it didn't make that deadly sound you hear when the timing belt sheds teeth. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update: I checked the cam timing, it’s good. Checked all the fuses. They’re good. Checked the body grounds, they’re good too. No spark to the plugs but that was expected. next step is to come up with a scanner I can look at inputs and outputs with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page