How Dangerous are 2012 Elantras ? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How Dangerous are 2012 Elantras ?

This is my first post to this forum. I have owned my 2012 Elantra since new. This is the most dangerous car I have ever owned. I have constantly taken it in to the dealer because of the steering. This car will never go down the road with out trying to pull to the left. not just slightly to the left but hard to the left. Also if you hit a moderate bump in a curve, the rear will loses traction and hop to either side of the lane.The car has 82000 miles on it and recently I was on a small two lane road out in the country, no stripes, At night. going less than 20 miles an hour, the road takes a slight turn to the right and straight again, I entered the curve and turned the steering wheel for the slight turn. the car just went straight ahead and into a fence. Also it has conti super contacts for tires. . I am 57 and have a CDL A and this car I will not trust as far as I can throw it. Also the engine will knock in certain conditions and just like the steering, will just go away when you take it to the dealer. Don't get me wrong. The rest of the car is impressive. If I would have been just a Quarter of a mile down the road. I would have been right beside a major river. What if the car decided to go straight???? Why did Hyundai put quality in every thing but the engine and use Costco suspension parts?. This car really is very dangerous. and it seems to get worse as it ages What do you think about these cars?

/?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Terribly sorry to hear about all the troubles you've had with this car. It must have been very traumatising and if I were you, I'd be boiling mad at my dealer who obviously hasn't done enough every time something has happened to make sure that it doesn't happen again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page