Will you install LED headlight instead of HID xenon headlight ? - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had HIDs in my cars for quite some time now. I do it for the visibility so I go for 5000k or 6000k. Anything higher won't improve visibility. Lately I have been looking into LEDs because it seems you can get more output from certain kits. Anytime you make a switch your bulbs, whether HID or LED, you have to adjust your headlights. Especially if you don't have projectors. They sell a jacket or sleeve that goes over the bulb to help focus the beam on non projector headlights. So I think the brighter the better, as long as you are adjusting the beam so you don't blind oncoming traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Personally, as a middle aged person with early stage cataracts, I absolutely detest the zenon headlights. the combination of color and brightness is absolutely blinding when they're coming at me. I wonder how many wrecks they've caused?
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Garage
I've installed white LED lights for the dome, vanity, map, license plates, and reverse lights. I initially installed an LED bulb in the trunk but found it was not adequate. I bought an LED light strip and it works MUCH better.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 09:38 AM

Garage
I've installed 6000K HIDs for the headlights and foglights. Looks SO much better.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 08:07 AM

What brand HIDs did you go with? I'm looking at diode dynamics.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 06:31 AM

Garage
I chose Xenonsupply.com for my application. Excellent service. The 2013 Coupe has different foglight bulbs so check carefully before ordering. You'll also need a harness for the fogs, otherwise only side will light.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM

Thanks. I bookmarked the site. Im still waiting on the dealer to get my car but I will I have a 2014 elantra sport. I believe it takes H11 bulbs but I want to wait until I get the car to order them.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 05:12 PM

Garage
You can check the owners manual of the vehicle (from any of the same car on the lot), it will tell you what bulbs are in it. There should be a chart or table. Take a pic with your phone and you can refer to it later. I used 1 cap (included in the headlight kit) for the headlights and relay harnesses for both headlight and fog light installations. Xenon Supply also lets you buy kits by the bulb in case the "default" kit doesn't match your exact Elantra.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:05 AM

Thanks, Ill have to stop by and look. I believe they are H11 but Im not sure. It would be nice to have them ready so when the car arrives Ill be able to install them right away. Its already been more than a month so I'm hoping the car gets here soon!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 10:00 PM

Garage
We had to wait over 2 months for our white Coupe SE. There is 1 more down the road from us and that's the only other Coupe we've seen. Extremely rare. The most I've ever seen on the Hyundai's inventory page is 6 (including mine) and 4 were black lower trims. Take pics of your ride when you get it and share with us! Bulbs too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page