Popping Noise - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did they check to see if the Engine is Misfiring?

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 12:05 PM

I have a 2001 elantra 200,000 plus miles.When car warms to operating temp. it begins to pop and crack thru air intake,smothers out and dies.However it will start back up, and with a little coaxing will idle and move on,only to have event start again.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:53 PM

Crank Sensor?

Elantramax

2015 Tucson SE AWD PZEV
Shadow Grey

2010 Yamaha Majesty
Stealth Grey

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 AM

I hear the same thing! Can't seem to nail the source but if I had to guess its passenger side rear. Sounds like a tin can popping back into shape.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:39 AM

Let me know when you find an answer to this one. I have a 2015 with 36,000 miles on it .. Drives me crazy too.. Of course when you take it in they say you have until the 60,000 point. We can't get it to replicate... Yada yada right, so what to do when it becomes broke down on the road for a dealership..oh don't worry about it? :-(
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 06:38 PM

I get that it can be frustrating bobbi, but if YOU who drive the car everyday cannot readily duplicate the concern how is a tech suppose to during a brief (by comparison to the time you spend in the vehicle) test drive without getting lucky. The techs DO try their very best to help people and what is what we are there for. I've spend hours driving cars over the course of days trying to duplicate customer concerns with no luck, only to be called lazy or not caring. Your best bet is to leave it at the dealership for a time for extended testing. and if it DOES end up broken down cause you insist on coming in and waiting for a nonanswer then taking the car after and hour then there is a number both in your owners manual AND on the drivers window for Hyundai roadside assistance that will tow you to the nearest dealership.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Question 2012 Elantra Rear Popping Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdolishny View Post
I hear the same thing! Can't seem to nail the source but if I had to guess its passenger side rear. Sounds like a tin can popping back into shape.
Has anyone found an answer to this issue yet? I quoted the above because this best describes what and where I am having the issue with our Elantra. This sound can range from fairly faint to really loud! If it was always very faint I suppose it wouldn't cause me much concern. This being my very first brand new car purchased, I guess I expected less drama. The sound really annoys me and concerns me. I am going to make a 3rd service appointment to have it checked. Unless this is figured out, I can't say I will be replacing this Elantra with a new one!

Please share any useful info on this topic. Losing my patience over this **** noise!

Thanks
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWS View Post
When i drive my car or have it parked for a short amount of time, a loud popping noise comes from the car, can't tell where from. It is so sporadic and happens at such odd times that to take it into the dealership might be futile, unless they have heard of this before. It is loud enough that I can hear it inside the car and it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the car. Sometimes it is running while parked and makes the noise or if the car is turned off, I will go about 20 feet and sit and it will make the noise. Usually it is right after it has been driven, not sat for a long time. It made me wonder if taking heavy objects in and out of the trunk could be causing the noise. When I put a heavy object in the car is it causing the flooring to bend, then when I take out the heavy objects the flooring is coming back into place? This seems almost unlikely because I have been putting the same heavy items in and out of the trunk since I had the car. Also, it seems that the noise started after I got new tires. I don't remember it happening before then. I had to get all season tires to replace original ones to drive in the snow.
My 2013 Elantra is making that popping noise to after driving and putting the car in park. Just got home from my local Hyundia dealer and they said it needs a new muffler. Luckily the car still under warranty. They had to order one.

Steve
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Thumbs up Popping noise rear end 2013 Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWS View Post
When i drive my car or have it parked for a short amount of time, a loud popping noise comes from the car, can't tell where from. It is so sporadic and happens at such odd times that to take it into the dealership might be futile, unless they have heard of this before. It is loud enough that I can hear it inside the car and it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the car. Sometimes it is running while parked and makes the noise or if the car is turned off, I will go about 20 feet and sit and it will make the noise. Usually it is right after it has been driven, not sat for a long time. It made me wonder if taking heavy objects in and out of the trunk could be causing the noise. When I put a heavy object in the car is it causing the flooring to bend, then when I take out the heavy objects the flooring is coming back into place? This seems almost unlikely because I have been putting the same heavy items in and out of the trunk since I had the car. Also, it seems that the noise started after I got new tires. I don't remember it happening before then. I had to get all season tires to replace original ones to drive in the snow.
I have been hearing that popping noise also coming from the rear end of the car. Took it to the dealership today, they test drove the car and pulled it into the garage and heard the noise. They said it needs a new muffler, so their ordering one. Thank God it's under warranty.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 10:37 PM

Question 2013 Elantra Coupe

What is it about this car that is making my ears ring and my head ache after driving it on the highway? It is beautiful. Sounds solid, until...
Is this a common issue? Is this an issue that can be solved? Who should I turn to for help?

Thank you for any direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page