LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
2020 Elantra Sport turbo lag

Hi All:

Any ideas on how to reduce the turbo lag on a 2020 Elantra Sport? I love the car, but the lag has almost killed me a couple times. Where I exit my neighborhood, I am entering 70mph traffic filled with semis and heavy equipment...and a limited sight distance where they are always coming downhill and I am accelerating uphill. I can cheat and put the car in Sport or use the Manual Mode, and I don't have any issues with the lag...but both require that I sacrifice mpg for a little bit, and have to make other changes to the selectors and creating distractions.

I have also noticed that I never hear the popping sound of the wastegate in the exhaust after heavy acceleration, so I am curious if that is normal. I have seen multiple videos where the popping is noticeable (and actually a complaint), but I never hear it, even with the windows down. I also never hear the turbo spoil up like some other cars I have had with turbos. I can certainly feel it kick in, so it isn't that it isn't working...just doesn't seem to have the waste...which doesn't seem right.

2020 Elantra Sport Silver, stock
avg 33mpg

----------------------------------------------------
Deceased - 2017 Elantra Value Black, avg 43mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page