I call her ... - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I call her ...

Blanca! She needs window tint ASAP. I feel like people are all in my business. I also need to take off that ugly Elantra Coupe badge and paint the Hyundai logos matte black. I think I'll do that this weekend.






Last edited by crownr0yal; 10-15-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Merp.
crownr0yal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blanca is looking really good! Please continue to keep her that minty fresh! You should consider taking her to a detailer to get Opti-Coat applied.

For the badges, have you seen a product called plastidip? It will work well with blacking out those badges.

thanks for sharing pic's of blanca
hyundaipwr is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaipwr View Post
Blanca is looking really good! Please continue to keep her that minty fresh! You should consider taking her to a detailer to get Opti-Coat applied.

For the badges, have you seen a product called plastidip? It will work well with blacking out those badges.

thanks for sharing pic's of blanca
!!! I have two cans of PlastiDip just begging to be used! I did my rims on the car that Blanca replaced and I LOVED it.

I read about the Opti-Coat. I wonder how much that would cost? From the reviews, it seems like it would be worth it. I've only ever owned dark cars until now so I wonder how much my budget will have to change....haha.
crownr0yal is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
!!! I have two cans of PlastiDip just begging to be used! I did my rims on the car that Blanca replaced and I LOVED it.

I read about the Opti-Coat. I wonder how much that would cost? From the reviews, it seems like it would be worth it. I've only ever owned dark cars until now so I wonder how much my budget will have to change....haha.
Even better! Since you have those can's laying around, you might as well make use of them and black out those badges and of course pictures of it posted here! Maybe even a DIY for those unfamiliar with the process? I know that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the Opti-Coat service charges I've seen have been around $300 for a car as small as an FR-S up to $400 for a full sized sedan. This is something you'll want to do ASAP while the body and paint remains damage free. BEST $300 you'll spend, period.
hyundaipwr is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaipwr View Post
Even better! Since you have those can's laying around, you might as well make use of them and black out those badges and of course pictures of it posted here! Maybe even a DIY for those unfamiliar with the process? I know that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the Opti-Coat service charges I've seen have been around $300 for a car as small as an FR-S up to $400 for a full sized sedan. This is something you'll want to do ASAP while the body and paint remains damage free. BEST $300 you'll spend, period.
I called up the closest place to me, and he said they hadn't done any cars since August of last year, which makes me nervous. He's going to get back to me in a couple days with a quote.

And I don't mind doing a DIY for the PlastiDip! I want to leave the office and do my emblems right now!!
crownr0yal is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
I called up the closest place to me, and he said they hadn't done any cars since August of last year, which makes me nervous. He's going to get back to me in a couple days with a quote.

And I don't mind doing a DIY for the PlastiDip! I want to leave the office and do my emblems right now!!
opti coat is a new product which I didn't think was on the market till 5-6 months ago. I think you would be better off finding someone already applying this product that is familiar with it and how to work with it. it is a permanent product, so I would think doing it once and properly is the way to go




ElantraFan is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
I called up the closest place to me, and he said they hadn't done any cars since August of last year, which makes me nervous. He's going to get back to me in a couple days with a quote.

And I don't mind doing a DIY for the PlastiDip! I want to leave the office and do my emblems right now!!
I think your better off going elsewhere, or try finding a reputable shop that does detailing
hyundaipwr is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't wait till I can lower this car. I hate the wheel gap. White is a nice choice though. I am thinking about retrofitting projectors into the headlight.
import_nation is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
I can't wait till I can lower this car. I hate the wheel gap. White is a nice choice though. I am thinking about retrofitting projectors into the headlight.

wheel gap isn't that bad....



thank god!

I have seen worse, the 2012 Civic looks like a 4x4!

Are there even springs or coilovers out yet for the Elantra Coupe?
fastestelantra is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
I can't wait till I can lower this car. I hate the wheel gap. White is a nice choice though. I am thinking about retrofitting projectors into the headlight.
After window tint and OptiCoat, an HID retrofit and LED tail lights are next on my list.
crownr0yal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome