Window Tint? - Page 2 - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoondai_Guy View Post
I wonder how windshield tint would hold up to heat during the winter months since the vents will be blasting up from the dash.
over time it might bubble up since it's going from extreme cold (if you park outside) to extreme heat.

If you park indoors it may not be an issue.



ElantraFan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be getting 35% all around. I would LOVE to go 20%, but it's illegal and I refuse to pay to have it taken off and put back on every year for an inspection. No way. In some ways, I wish I had gotten the black interior because that always makes my tint look darker than it is, but I wasn't prepared to wait another day for a car.
crownr0yal is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
I will be getting 35% all around. I would LOVE to go 20%, but it's illegal and I refuse to pay to have it taken off and put back on every year for an inspection. No way. In some ways, I wish I had gotten the black interior because that always makes my tint look darker than it is, but I wasn't prepared to wait another day for a car.
Black interior with black tint is the best combo IMO! Like you said it makes the tints seem darker than they actually are and you wont be breaking any laws by doing so.

How long would you have to wait for the black interior elantra?
E-Coupe is offline  
 
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Coupe View Post
Black interior with black tint is the best combo IMO! Like you said it makes the tints seem darker than they actually are and you wont be breaking any laws by doing so.

How long would you have to wait for the black interior elantra?
7 days! My previous car was stolen so before I took delivery of my Coupe, I was driving a rental that I was -so- tired of paying for! I needed out of it ASAP.
crownr0yal is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
7 days! My previous car was stolen so before I took delivery of my Coupe, I was driving a rental that I was -so- tired of paying for! I needed out of it ASAP.
Sorry to hear about your stolen car, I had it happen to me once, sucks big time.

I would of waited out those 7 days just for the black interior! What kinda of car did you have as a rental? what was the cost to rent?
hyundaipwr is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Member
 
crownr0yal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Elon, NC
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundaipwr View Post
Sorry to hear about your stolen car, I had it happen to me once, sucks big time.

I would of waited out those 7 days just for the black interior! What kinda of car did you have as a rental? what was the cost to rent?

It was a 2011 Dodge Avenger SXT. 3.6 liter V6. More power than I was ever used to! I've always owned 4 cylinders. It had about 40000 miles on it when I started my rental, but after about 1700 miles, the transmission was getting worse and it used to bang into gear. I was SO happy to give it back to Enterprise! I was paying $30/day. Nice car, but there was a new / rebuilt transmision in its near future.
crownr0yal is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
It was a 2011 Dodge Avenger SXT. 3.6 liter V6. More power than I was ever used to! I've always owned 4 cylinders. It had about 40000 miles on it when I started my rental, but after about 1700 miles, the transmission was getting worse and it used to bang into gear. I was SO happy to give it back to Enterprise! I was paying $30/day. Nice car, but there was a new / rebuilt transmision in its near future.
Dodge Avenger....pretty bad, 3.6 V6 model, not bad! I would of stuck it out for a week with that pile of you know what just for the black interior I love my black interiors! Couldn't you swap the rental to a different one. I've been able to do that quite a few times.

Although your lacking a black interior, at least your rolling in an Elantra I'm starting to think you'll be better off waiting a year or 2 to see what Hyundai has planned for the Elantra.

MAYBE there will be performance model you can upgrade to with a black interior with alcantara/suede
hyundaipwr is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe the factory tint for the rear windows on most SUVs are 15%. The coupe already has factory solar tint but it doesn't darken the windows ....it just helps with the heat and UV rays. I added 3M 15% tint to my rear window and the two back windows. It' makes a big difference.... looks great and not too dark to see through when backing up.
matrix058 is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got 18% done on my GT, I will post pictures tomorrow hopefully, if I get a chance to clean her up! In Canada (not sure about US laws) 35% is the legal amount of tint you can have on your front windows, and the rears is whatever, including the back window. I took a chance with 18% all around because I like the look of uniformity on my cars... Dreading the day I get pulled over though :/
djnatedogg is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's my tint!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130215_160651.jpg (470.5 KB, 16 views)
djnatedogg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome