Do you still find Hyundai to be a credible brand even after making false MPG ratings? - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you still find Hyundai to be a credible brand even after making false MPG ratings?

As the title states, do you still find Hyundai (even Kia as well) to be a credible bran? and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM

Yes. There are disclaimers for everything. 40 MPG seems to be this magical number that all manufacturers are trying to hit, but Hyundai and Kia fell short. I am an optimist and I believe they believed their cars were doing well, until people started complaining and they were forced to revise their numbers and their testing process. They made a mistake, and they are owning up to it. Not only are they saying "We goofed!", they are attempting reimbursement. Overall, I am pleased. They live up to everything else about their brand. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater because of a number that may or may not be realistic.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
Yes. There are disclaimers for everything. 40 MPG seems to be this magical number that all manufacturers are trying to hit, but Hyundai and Kia fell short. I am an optimist and I believe they believed their cars were doing well, until people started complaining and they were forced to revise their numbers and their testing process. They made a mistake, and they are owning up to it. Not only are they saying "We goofed!", they are attempting reimbursement. Overall, I am pleased. They live up to everything else about their brand. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater because of a number that may or may not be realistic.
I feel the same way. When I heard about the false MPG rating I was shocked that this was coming from Hyundai and Kia. It wasn't like they were off by a large number either.
They definitely do deserve credit for owning up to the "false claim" they made and even better paying back owners for as long as they own the vehicle.
Anyone who see's them as not being credible might be taking this situation way too seriously.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 PM

This isn't the first time they have missed this claim have they? Well I didn't buy the Elantra purely for the mileage. It's not a gas guzzlier so I am not too worried. i do think they should try to be more accurate with their claims though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page