Window Tint + Optimum OptiCoat - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Window Tint + Optimum OptiCoat

Picture it: Early October. Leaves falling. Cool, crisp winds ... SIKE. I live in NC. It was 80 degrees the day I took delivery of my Elantra Coupe SE.

After dealing with paint swirls and scratches and a little bit of premature clearcoat failure on my 2007 tC, I wanted to protect my new baby. After some googling, I came across Optimum Opti-Coat. Read the reviews and was immediately sold.

REVIEWS - Product Review: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Detailed Image

Detail and Opticoat 2.0 Application in North Carolina 7/14/12 - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB <----- This one is what sold me on WHO I chose to do it.

Martin D ( MartinD ) , formerly of a company called AutoFinesse, in Cary, NC took exquisite care of Blanca and took time to educate me on how to preserve his work. Dropped her off at 9 AM, picked her up at 5:45 PM and was literally speechless. He detailed the interior AND exterior and OH MAN. The pictures below don't do it justice (Taken with an iPhone 4S :mellow

His customer service skills need to be documented in a book. He could not only teach a class on detailing, but also on how to treat someone who is paying you for a service! He spent about an hour after I returned to pick up the car explaining the process and how to maintain it. I highly recommend him for ANY detailing needs. Well worth the drive. All around, I rate the experience a 20/10.

Yep. He took the rims off and got up in there too!

No swirls or bugs here, buddy!

It wasn't even this clean when I bought it.

I'm so thrilled. Can't wait to hand wash it for the first time. Apparently, it's an experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Congrats! OptiCoat is good stuff. Been using it for about a year now. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by import_nation View Post
Congrats! OptiCoat is good stuff. Been using it for about a year now. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
I paid $300. That included a wash, decontamination, clay bar and polish, and then the OptiCoat. He also detailed the interior and exterior, and I left with huge box of products to keep up the job he did! So please!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 PM

wow that opticoat stuff is looking good. when i get my new Elantra I will be getting this done asap!

what did you pay for that opti-coat service?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraFan View Post
wow that opticoat stuff is looking good. when i get my new Elantra I will be getting this done asap!

what did you pay for that opti-coat service?
Mine was $300, which included a wash, decontamination, clay bar and polish, the OptiCoat, and then an complete detail. He also gave me tips on how to keep up the job so it will look like this for years to come! I got a GREAT deal. I advise you to shop around and ask for pictures of people's work. Find a reputable shop! It's a great investment!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownr0yal View Post
Mine was $300, which included a wash, decontamination, clay bar and polish, the OptiCoat, and then an complete detail. He also gave me tips on how to keep up the job so it will look like this for years to come! I got a GREAT deal. I advise you to shop around and ask for pictures of people's work. Find a reputable shop! It's a great investment!
For $300 thats really good. I guess it was that good of a price cause of how mint the paint was being new. Nearly no imperfections for him to deal with aside from some light scratches i bet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:48 PM

The beading looks great. What sort of products have you chosen to maintain it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page