Soon to be new coupe owner with some $$$ questions... - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soon to be new coupe owner with some $$$ questions...

So on Friday we're hoping to seal the deal on an Atlantic Blue SE auto w/ Tech. Sticker is just under $24k, and we're going to take advantage of the New Grad program Hyundai offers ($400 off). We're also wondering if we'll be able to get anything additional off. Shopping around, it seems some dealers are already giving $300 or so off. Has anyone here been successful with negotiating this new car?

Thanks,
Cyrus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:33 PM

welcome! keep us posted on this. I haven't done anything about getting a new elantra just yet, couldn't tell you anything on negotiating.

are you a current or past hyundai owner?

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

image.jpg

image2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Sorry for the terribly pics, they were taken with my iPhone. So I went for the Titanium Gray Metallic paint instead! We shopped around a bit and haggled everywhere, but the best price we got was with our Costco card. I recommend you go an sign up for a Costco card if you want to buy this car... it costs like $50 and saved us a few hundred. You don't to do anything through Costco, just show the card to a participating salesperson. Anyways I got her for $100 over invoice and loving it so far (thought I have to admit it's HER car!). I ordered an HID kit and am getting the windows tinted next week, then I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Saw the new Hyundai ground effects kit on a sedan at the dealer today, I like it's subtle look but just not worth 5% of the car's value. Anyways, loving the comfort, quietness, and amenities this car has. Glad I chose it over the competitors!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmistry View Post
Attachment 3

Attachment 4

Attachment 5

Sorry for the terribly pics, they were taken with my iPhone. So I went for the Titanium Gray Metallic paint instead! We shopped around a bit and haggled everywhere, but the best price we got was with our Costco card. I recommend you go an sign up for a Costco card if you want to buy this car... it costs like $50 and saved us a few hundred. You don't to do anything through Costco, just show the card to a participating salesperson. Anyways I got her for $100 over invoice and loving it so far (thought I have to admit it's HER car!). I ordered an HID kit and am getting the windows tinted next week, then I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Saw the new Hyundai ground effects kit on a sedan at the dealer today, I like it's subtle look but just not worth 5% of the car's value. Anyways, loving the comfort, quietness, and amenities this car has. Glad I chose it over the competitors!
Don't worry about the pic's, they seem fine to me! That Grey metallic looks awesome, I bet in the sun it will look even better

Thanks for the tip on the costco card, I'll keep that in mind. Heard tons of great things about costco but never been their...time to sign up!

Have you decided on how dark your going to tint your windows?

Keep us posted on your Elantra coupe experience

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM

The price you got was pretty good. You aren't going to get invoice. Hyundai isn't desperate enough. Car looks good. Congrats.

What brand tints you going for? What %?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 PM

welcome and congrats ....

i love the elantra ground effects kit, i think you should consider getting it....especially if you plan on upgrading wheels.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Looking good guys im really jealous now.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM

Hello and congrats on the purchase. Its a beautiful color. What % tints are you going to get. Also, what light color you planning on getting??
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmistry View Post
So on Friday we're hoping to seal the deal on an Atlantic Blue SE auto w/ Tech. Sticker is just under $24k, and we're going to take advantage of the New Grad program Hyundai offers ($400 off). We're also wondering if we'll be able to get anything additional off. Shopping around, it seems some dealers are already giving $300 or so off. Has anyone here been successful with negotiating this new car?

Thanks,
Cyrus
Definitely not a whole lot of wiggle room. My dealer wouldn't budge on the actual price of the car, but there were some things thrown in that didn't get added in to the loan. Plus, I didn't put anything down and my interest rate is phenomenal.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM

sometimes a lower interest rate and no down is more helpful than a reduction on the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page