Need help removing rock chips off my elantra asap!!! - Hyundai Elantra Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Need help removing rock chips off my elantra asap!!!

Hi my name is Steven, I am new to this forum.. I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe (RED) with some stone chips on the hood and bumper, I've been doing a lot of reading in the forum but cant find anything about rock chip repair... I saw a TV commercial this past Sunday on Car Crazy on the Velocity Channel for a company called EZ Chip Repair... I went to their website Ezchiprepair.com and looked around... the product looks good, so I went to google and read their reviews and they have mostly good reviews. So my question is has anyone in this forum tried this product???? I would love their feedback before I buy it... thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 01:44 PM

I haven't tried that product but once you get the chips repaired you could consider a clear bra for your car. You get it professionally installed and it protects the paint from scratches and chips and dirt.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM

Garage
I haven't used that particular brand, but I ave used others that work the same way. you will still be able to see the chips, but they will be body color and it will seal the edges of the chip to prevent further chipping. It looks much better than just leaving the chip, but dont expect it to look perfect. you will also notice the repair will fade after a year or so of boing in the sun. if you keep the car in a garage it will help, but it's not the highest quality touch up paint. since your car is just red it shoud look pretty good after, if it were a metalic color it might actually look worse. Unfortuantely the only way to truly fix chips is to repaint the parts. I'm not trying to tell you not to use it. It will help seal up the chips and prevent rust on any metal surfaces, but just dont expect it to look like new.

Last edited by BKohs; 01-14-2014 at 03:36 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenabrams123 View Post
Hi my name is Steven, I am new to this forum.. I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe (RED) with some stone chips on the hood and bumper,
Have you inspected these "chips" really closely ?

Having a few on the leading edge of the hood is fairly common but the bumpers are "rubber" and don't chip easily. What looks like chips there often turns out to be road tar.

For real chips, you need touchup paint, which should prevent rust but often looks worse than the chip on close inspection.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 AM

just about any auto parts store should have a kit with everything you need aside from the exact matched paint. it involves a bit of work but with the right know how and the willingness to learn in the process, if you really want to do this yourself, you can do a professional grade fix.

watch these video's, you'll find them to be very, VERY helpful:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Elantra Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page